SAD... Replaced with JOY!

SAD... have you heard of it? Not the emotion but the Seasonal Affective Disorder. Although I have never been diagnosed, I do believe that I have this problem in my life. It affects me during the winter or even during grey days. Luckily I moved to Spain where there is a shorter winter, but each day was a lot harder due to culture shock and living in a new country.

So... a couple of months ago my organization asked for our yearly goals. I struggled for a while with what do about this, but I just kept hearing health. Emotional, Physical, Mental and Spiritual. These past couple of months I have been seeking to improve on these things.

Today I decided to go for a walk/hike through the hills around my little town. I had often noticed how beautiful it all was as I drove up the hill but I had never actually gone and explored. So, today was the day! I went for 1 1/2 hrs with the goal of 10 000 steps! I had my Spanish Christian music in hand and really truly experienced God in such a deep way. Right now everything is in bloom! We have greens and purples and oranges and whites and I LOVE it! I know it will all be gone soon do to the heat wave that is a Spanish summer, but I'm determined to enjoy it while I can!

As I was walking back to my car and reflecting on the beautiful creation, I realized that all of my items had been checked off! Today I feel better Emotionally, Physically, Mentally and Spiritually! I know that each day is a battle in its own. In fact it often is each hour or each minute, but I am thanking God for the gift of this morning and the refreshment He gave to my soul.

Below are some pictures that I took while exploring! Enjoy and let me know how God is speaking to you, and/or what you have explored recently!









By the way.... Since I last wrote, I have taken my drivers written exam... and PASSED! Thank you all for your prayers! Now I am preparing for my driving practical exam. I am hoping to take it in May since April is already full.

Comments

  1. It is May. Got an appointment for that scarey practical driver's exam. Good luck!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do! It will either be the 16th or the 17th!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another season of Change

Trusting Is Tough

September