Peace

Ever feel like you're overwhelmed and have too much going on? How many times is your answer to "How are you?" Busy. This was me. Run down, exhausted, with no energy. I didn't have anything that was spurring me on. I didn't have a passion. A desire. A driving force.
This past week God asked me to give up everything. EVERYTHING. He stripped me down to bare bones and made me search for him. I had been asking for Him. Searching for Him, but without giving up things in my life and it just wasn't working. I constantly cried out to Him asking why I was always tired and had no zeal for life. I was trying to figure out why. Then God broke me. Completely broke me. I had nothing to do but search for him. I took away things that distracted me (food, TV, facebook, pinterest). And with all the spare time that I had usually used to distracted my brain from dealing with what was going on, I spent time with Him. I sat in His presence. I read His word. I sang music to Him and listened to lyrics with new understanding. I played piano and guitar again for the first time in such a long time. I had time to do things that I used to love. I baked. I did things with my hands and I always had spare time.
I have always worn 'busy' as a badge of honour. If I'm busy than I'm being a good steward of the time that God has given me, right? God has shown me that I should work hard and not be complacent with the time He has given me, but that I also don't need to fill every second to the brim so that I don't have time for him. I have been distracted and overwhelmed and the only way to really overcome this is to stripped away all the things that are not important and fill it with God. To bring God into daily life. When I'm at work, I need to pray. When I am driving, talk to Him. At events, sit in His presence and peace. I need to realize He's always with me, even if I am not acknowledging Him. I pray and hope that this change remains. That my desire and love for Him is a constant. I know it won't always be easy, because nothing of value ever is. But it is worth it.
His peace has surrounded me, and I have been completely drenched in his presence. I want to carry these with me wherever I go. They give me hope and joy. They allow me to think rationally and not get overwhelmd by this world.
Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds."
Even when I don't understand what is going on, I can have peace. His peace transcends understanding and guards me. I don't have to worry and I don't have to protect myself, because God is protecting me. His peace is guarding my heart and mind. And His peace can and will guard yours too.
Rest on and in Him. He's got you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting Is Tough

SAD... Replaced with JOY!

September