Wonderings

I have just realized that I am being a horrible blogger (reminded by reading a friend's blog) and I am sorry for my absence. Life has gotten crazy and the amount of processing and working that I have done is not equal to the number of hours in a day and the number of hours of sleep that I need.
I don't know if any of that made sense.
Anyways, as I am procrastinating on finishing a paper (only 1 page left), I sit here thinking what to say. How do I sum up almost a month of daily struggles and weekly panick attacks (mostly on thursday nights before all my grammar homework is due friday morning). How am I to explain how God has been pushing me and challenging me to grow more? How do I begin to explain the good and the bad, the high and the low?
I am now half-way through the program here at CanIL and I have figured somethings out while bcoming even more confused on other subjects.
What I do know:
- I do not want to do Bible Translation
- I hate grammar and don't like phonology
- Phonetics is incredible! (maybe I'm meant for survery...)
- Only God can get me through all of this
- I have a lot more growing to do.

What I am lost on:
- What is next
- Why I never seem to get a break
- The point of grammar
- The exact reason God brought me here this summer.

My first week at CanIL I felt like I had finally found what I was supposed to be doing. I loved my classes and the environment here is incredible! But as time has gone by I have realized that I only like Phonetics and Language and Society, and that I do not think the reason I am here is necessary to learn what I'm learining in school.
I am currently writing a paper about my own idiolect (my personal langauge) and my idioculture (my personal culture), and while writing it I have realized how much I value people and God's love and that no matter what I do in the future those two things are going to shape what I do and where I go. It has been people and God's love that have gotten me through everything I have faced in life so far and it will be those two things that continue to drive me. I love people and want them to know God's love and that is all there is to it. I don't care where I am or where I go.
I don't know if any of this makes sense, but it is helping me to process. I love God. God loves me. God loves people. God has asked me to love people. Thus I have purpose to keep going. Keep pushing through the grammar that I hate and the classes that I am praying I pass. I have reason to keep engaging in community here and stop being a perfectionist. I have passion to continue pursuing relationships even though they take work and time. I have love to cover over a multitude of sins.
I love the way that Jon Foreman puts it:
"Two things you told me
That you are strong
And you love me"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAD... Replaced with JOY!

Not Quite as Easy as Driving Miss Daisy

Trusting Is Tough